During a motor home trip around Terres de l’Ebre, you can not miss a stop in Ascó! Right at the entrance of the village via the C-12 road (northern access), you will immediately find themotor home area, where you can stay overnight for up to 48 hours free of charge. The area has all the services you may need during your stay (supply of drinking water, emptying of gray and black water, public toilets), a picnic area and a children’s play area. Right next to it, you will find a sports complex with paddle tennis, football and tennis courts and a skate park.
If you are looking for outdoor activities…
- Cycling around Les Illes to the Vinebre dock. You can rent electric bikes at the Tourist Office from 15€ (bookings by phone +34 977 40 65 83 or via email email@example.com).
- Sailing along the Ebro river on board “Lo Roget” (contact the Tourist Office to book your spot).
- Kayaking on the Ebro river from Ascó to Móra la Nova or Miravet. You can check here the list of companies where you can rent kayaks.
- Hiking to Punta de l’Àliga to get an amazing view! You will find other marked hiking routes here.
If you want to learn more about the local heritage…
- A walking tour to discover the Morisco past of Ascó.
- Hiking to the castle of Ascó.
- A guided tour of Asco’s old town and the old Moriso quarter (contact the Tourist Office to organize your tour).
If you want to combine nature and heritage…
- Hiking itinerary through Asco’s hermitages.
- An itinerary through 5 spots of the Ebro Battle.
- Picnic at the hermitage of Santa Paulina and birdwatching.
What is the best time to visit Ascó?
Every season of the year is special to visit Ascó! If you like cultural tourism and want to experience a traditional festival like a local, we recommend that you visit Ascó during the weekend closest to January 17, during the Sant Antoni festival. If you prefer outdoor activities, the best time for hiking and cycling are spring and the first months of autumn. Summer is a good time to enjoy the Festa Major in August and the water activities on the Ebro river. And the municipal swimming pool is just 300 meters away from the motor home area!
At the entrance of the motor home area you will find an explanatory panel with a list of the facilities and services that exist in Ascó and the stores where you can buy everything you need for your stay.
If you need more ideas about what to visit in Ascó depending on the season, you can take a look at these two articles:5 activities to do in Ascó in autumn and winter and 5 activities to do in Ascó in spring.
If you want us to help you prepare your stay in Ascó, do not hesitate to contact us by phone +34 977 40 65 83 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.